Wednesday 10 September 2014

Maternity leave - the final countdown

Maternity leave

So today is the first day of my maternity leave, well, technically I'm on annual leave, but I'm not going back to work for 9 months, wooo!

There's 3 weeks until I'm induced and I have a lot of plans to fill the time until Squidge is due to arrive, like:

  • Playing plenty of Sims 4 Minecraft and WoW (who knows when the next time I'll get to play is)
  • Writing, writing and more writing! This may not work out, but I want to get as many blog posts written and scheduled as possible to cover me for the first couple of weeks after the baby is born, just to give me a break and not have to worry about writing
  • Nesting - well preparing the house as best I can for Squidge's arrival, which includes washing the rest of his little clothes, lots of cleaning and making sure we have everything we need
  • Resting - I'm also going to be having my feet up a lot and resting while the baby grows and gets ready for his big day
  • Painting - I want to do some artwork for the nursery, I just need to buy the frames first, then I can start on my Studio Ghibli collection, if I manage to get that done before he arrives, I'll write up a post with pictures of the artwork :)

I think I'm in for a busy 3 weeks :)  Do you have any suggestions of some other things I can do during my 3 weeks before the baby comes?


Don't forget to follow my blog with Bloglovin for regular updates :)

2 comments:

  1. Closer to the time I am planning on making up some meals to freeze I have heard this is a good idea as you wont want to cook within the first few weeks. I am going to make up some batches of bolognese with loads of veggies as then can make lasgnes, chillies, cottage pies etc. http://www.joannavictoria.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Enjoy your 3 weeks! It sounds like you're going to fill it brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved